Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Everyday Humour (I like spelling it that way)

Ah yes.... Funny things are everywhere. I make it a point to look for things that are funny on a daily basis. Essentially, if you find no humour in anything at least once a day, you are a sad, bitter, and an empty-shell of a human.

Exhibit A- Motorcycle with Sidecar
I did not actually snap this picture, but I did in fact, see a motorcycle and sidecar on the highway. For some reason I find it to be funny. Anytime I see one, I think, "that is funny, but it could be a lot funnier if a giant brown bear was driving it with maybe an English bulldog in the sidecar." Maybe even have the bulldog driving and the bear riding in the sidecar with a spiked helmet, goggles, and a scarf....no pants however. A cow is pretty damn funny though. Cheers to you sidecar motorcycle guy.

Exhibit B- Pirate at the Supermarket
So there is this guy that I see everywhere near where I live. I have seen him at gas stations, supermarkets, and the liquor store. Normally this wouldn't be all that odd, but why he makes the list is that he has a bad ass eye patch with a single diamond on it! To make things even more awesome, is that this guy has an enormous beard and a slight limp. Case in point, this guy is a god damn pirate! Of course, anytime I see a guy with an eye patch, I can't help but stare and think "this is a real god damn pirate within our midst!" Thank you pirate, your missing eye makes my day.

Exhibit C- The Banana Peel
Remember the old Looney Tunes cartoons where the witty and sly mouse would strategically place a banana peel on the ground? Enter the big, lanky, stupid cat who would step on the peel and eat shit. Well, on my way to work a few days ago, I was minding my own goddamn business when I stepped on said banana peel and ate shit. All while wearing a suit! How the hell does that happen? Bananas are not slippery by nature, but this one got me. All I have to show for it is a cracked coccyx and complete shame. FML

Exhibit D- The General Larry Platt
Pants on the ground
Pants on the ground
Lookin’ like a fool with your pants on the ground

With the gold in your mouth
Hat turned sideways
Pants hit the ground
Call yourself a cool cat
Lookin’ like a fool
Walkin’ downtown with your pants on the ground

Get it up, hey!
Get your pants off the ground
Lookin’ like a fool
Walkin’ talkin’ with your pants on the ground.

Get it up, hey!
Get your pants off the ground
Lookin’ like a fool with your pants on the ground


Good Night, and Good Luck

OAC

No comments:

Post a Comment