Saturday, January 23, 2010

Response to a Very Confused and Naive Christian

So I was on an atheist blog, and some clown who was offended by the content decided to write a response. Here it is:
----------------------------------------------------------
i am religious. however, i only have a couple questions to ask. one, what do atheist believe happens after death? cause if you think you'll die and just die then whats the point of liveng. two, how many of you atheist were religious people who gave up on your religion because you couldnt hang in there? cause i have had plenty a things happen to me to help me believe in god. and as for those of you who want to question Christianity. Christianity is a relationship not a religion. its like being married. if you cant hold in long enough to get to the good part, you'll end up missing out on something wonderful.
----------------------------------------------------------
Utterly amazing that this was his argument for religion. If this was his argument for religion and the majority of people in the world that are religious think this way...... then I am quite worried. You cannot reason with stupidity. Reason can only occur with intelligent beings. So Here is what I posted back. Pwned! P.S.- I titled the post "I DON'T BELIEVE IN MAGIC".
----------------------------------------------------------
In response to the above guest. Normally I don't respond to people who can not spell or form proper sentences, but you seem very naive.- i only have a couple questions to ask. one, what do atheist believe happens after death? NOTHING, YOU CEASE TO EXIST. cause if you think you'll die and just die then whats the point of liveng. THAT IS THE VERY POINT OF LIVING! IF YOU LIVE YOUR LIFE KNOWING THAT THIS IS IT, YOUR ONE AND ONLY SHOT, YOU WILL LIVE A LIFE OF BEAUTY AND LOVE. PEOPLE LIKE YOU HAVE THIS NOTION THAT THIS LIFE IS LESS IMPORTANT THAN YOUR SO CALLED "ETERNAL LIFE" IN HEAVEN. two, how many of you atheist were religious people who gave up on your religion because you couldnt hang in there? UNLESS YOU ARE BORN IN TO AN ATHEIST SOCIETY, YOU CAN NOT CONTROL HOW YOU ARE BROUGHT UP. JUST LIKE YOU CAN'T CHOOSE YOUR SEX OR YOUR SKIN COLOR. THE WONDERFUL THING THOUGH, IS THAT YOU CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE AND FIND OUT THE TRUTH FOR YOURSELF. cause i have had plenty a things happen to me to help me believe in god. LIKE WHAT? DOES YOUR GOD GRANT YOU YOUR PRAYERS AND WISHES BUT NOT THE POOR PEOPLE OF HAITI? HOW ARE YOU SO SPECIAL? and as for those of you who want to question Christianity. Christianity is a relationship not a religion. TYPICAL CHRISTIAN RESPONSE its like being married. 60% DIVORCE RATE CURRENTLY, MARRIAGE IS AS FAILED AS RELIGION if you cant hold in long enough to get to the good part, you'll end up missing out on something wonderful. SO YOU HAVE TO WAIT TO GET TO THE GOOD PART? WHY NOT AUTOMATICALLY GET THE GOOD PART. FREE YOUR MIND! IT IS NO SURPRISE THAT THE MOST INTELLIGENT AND SUCCESSFUL PEOPLE TO EVER WALK THIS EARTH WERE ATHEISTS.

OAC

2 comments:

  1. one angry cuban, I think you should really find another Christian to form your atheist argument against. I am also a Christian and I wouldn't even agree with this clown. Here is MY response, whether you care or not is fine and you can even delete this I just want to say that it's the conservative Christians that make people think we are all like this. I don't take everything in the bible literally.... but where does our moral code come from? You said that we find beauty and love because we know we only live one life but gods commandments are ALL ABOUT LOVE. Love Him and Love your neighbor. Being a Christian is like being in a relationship, but I wouldn't say marriage. It more like a best friend or a Dad. Ya, we don't always agree but at the end of the say you still love them and you still want to know more.

    I am not saying you shouldn't be atheist BUT I am asking for tolerance. Posting a hate blog calling someone dumb for their beliefs doesn't make you any better... and if you are going to make a legit argument, find a better source that will actually cause you to think not just laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Anonymous- I won't delete your post. That would make me look like a hypocrite and I value the opinions of others.

    Your argument about moral code is incorrect. I hear this often from those that are religious. By asking the question, “where does our moral code come from?”- you are, in fact, admitting that the god commands us to do moral things and that without god, we would have no morality.

    Take rape as an example. If you say that god commands us not to rape, two conclusions can be drawn from this. 1) rape is immoral and god commands that it is immoral, or 2) rape is moral but god commands it immoral. As you can see, there is a dilemma here. If rape is already immoral, (which most would agree it is) then the fact that god says it is immoral is irrelevant. We know that rape is bad, therefore god is superfluous when it comes to morality. Now, if rape is moral and god commands it immoral, then that would mean god failed to make it immoral. So hold on for this now…. God’s commands are arbitrary if he has no reason to command one act rather than another; but, if he does have reasons for his commands, then his reasons rather than his commands are what make acts immoral.
    So I argue that whether god exists or not, he has no bearing on what we do. We have free will. If he has commandments that are about love, that is great, but they are not needed to live a good life. Some people like to have that support of a religion to guide them, but you don’t need it.
    Also, this is not a “hate blog”. In fact I don’t hate anyone. Life is too short to hate people. I am simply arguing against the ignorance that people often show when discussing theism. I am a boisterous person that wants to be heard among all of the static. This is how I choose to voice my opinion. As for finding a better source, please send me better sources if they exist. I can poke holes in any argument for the existence of god, so no matter whom I challenge or argue, I fear that you still won’t understand my side of the fence.
    As for your last sentence, you are saying that I am NOT making a legitimate case, that I am not intelligent because I wasn’t thinking and only laughing. Again, you are incorrect.

    If any of this is way off base, let me know. I am interested to know what your response is.

    OAC

    ReplyDelete